I`m sitting in my living room and enjoy the warmth of the sun rays that shines through the window. Finally, spring is here! As the weather is getting warmer, people spend more time outside and what is the most popular activity? Of course, the barbecue! So let`s discover the best and easiest burger recipe and create a delicious dish.
Burgers are one of the most popular foods. Everyone likes them from kids to grownups. You only need a few ingredients and you are ready to go. This easy recipe helps you create a delicious and juicy meal.
So, let`s invite a few friends, put the music on, fire your grill and begin!
Delicious and fresh burgers at Kilnacrew Butchers
(for 1 burger)
- ½ tbsp olive oil
- 1 -2 tsp butter
- 1 Burger patty
- Salt, pepper, marjoram
- 1 onion, peeled and diced
- 2 slices of mild cheddar or burger cheese
- 1 burger bun
- few round lettuce leaves, torn
- 1 beef tomato, sliced
- burger sauce
- Leave the burgers at room temperature for about 10 minutes before cooking them.
- Season the burgers on both sides with plenty of salt and pepper.
- Heat the olive oil in a frying pan and fry the burgers for 2 minutes on each side for medium or 5 minutes for well done. Turn halfway.
- While the burger is cooking, add the onion and cook for 5 minutes until softened and starting to turn golden.
- While the second side is cooking, lay a slice of cheese on top to melt slightly (if using). Place a lid on the top of the frying pan and let the cheese melt.
- Meanwhile, slice the buns in half and toast them lightly on the pan or under the grill before placing the burgers on the bases.
- Finally, top with lettuce, tomato, gherkins, onions and burger sauce before placing the lids on top.
- Serve immediately.
We would recommend grilling the burgers for 10-12 mins, turning over halfway through as an alternative option to barbecuing.
Be creative when it comes to garnishing your burger – try coleslaw, slices of beetroot or avocado. Also try different sauces such as ketchup, burger sauce, BBQ sauce etc.
For a healthy option you can use chicken or turkey burger but remember they are drier so you need to be extra careful when you`re cooking.
Now it`s time to Enjoy!